Part II: The 20-Year Perspective
Does fear-based coaching work? Absolutely. Some of the most iconic leaders in sport have built their kingdoms using fear. Why shouldn’t you?
Because it comes with a (high) cost.
The question then becomes: How can you use the power position that your players give you in a positive way? How do you do it in a way that counterbalances the force that fear produces but in a productive, healthy way that still gets results? We explore those questions in this panel.
Hopefully it will give you a new perspective.
- Sue Enquist: Former Head Softball Coach, UCLA
- Dr. Jim Loehr: World-renowned Performance Psychologist
- Jack Clark: Head Rugby Coach, University of California, Berkeley
- Billy Donovan: NBA Coach, Oklahoma City Thunder
- Moderated by: Brett Ledbetter